Shilparamams in State will become self-reliant soon, says secretary

Secretary of the Department of Tourism, Language and Culture Mukesh Kumar Meena on Tuesday said Shilparamams in the State would be developed to generate revenue from cultural activities conducted there.

After reviewing the proposed renovation of the Shilparamam at Kadapa, Mr. Meena said the government wanted to revive the arts, crafts & cultural villages and construct new ones in sync with local conditions.

Hyderabad-based Infinity Architecture presented on the proposed plan for the Shilparamam, built in 2009 over 72 acre, to Mr. Meena and special officer for Shilparamams Jairaj.

The proposal envisages its modernisation at a cost of Rs. 80 crore, 80% of which would be raised under BOT (Build Operate Transfer), while the remaining 20% would come from the government, said Mr. Meena.

Suggesting inclusion of a government guest house and an office building on the premises, he said 20 acres of the land would be used in the first phase.

Proposed structures

The proposed design includes an open-air theatre, a convention hall, a children’s park, an amphitheatre, a stage and a car parking. Mr. Meena said the main gate should reflect the Telugu culture and food courts should be open round the clock.

Source: Read Full Article