According to reports, Cristiano Ronaldo has told his agent Jorge Mendes that he's open to rejoining Manchester United, where he had spent six seasons before moving to Real Madrid in 2009.
As per media reports, Manchester United lead the race to sign Portugal star Cristiano Ronaldo from Juventus.
According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, the 36-year-old Ronaldo has told his agent Jorge Mendes that he’s open to rejoining his former club Manchester United, where he had spent six seasons before moving to Real Madrid in 2009.
Manchester United are set to offer him a contract till June 2023.
Ole Gunnar Solskjær admitted on Friday that he would welcome back a “legend” of the club.
“I didn’t think Ronaldo was going to turn out leaving Juventus and if it’s been speculation this morning, speculation the last few days, of course,” he said.
“We’ve always had good communication, I know Bruno [Fernandes] has been talking to him as well and he knows what we feel about him and if he was ever going to move away from Juventus, he knows that we are here.”
On the other hand, Manchester City are out of contention for signing the five-time Ballon d’Or winner.
Earlier on Friday, Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri confirmed that Ronaldo has no intention of staying at the club amid constant media speculation.
“Cristiano told me that he no longer plans to play for Juventus,” Allegri said.
“This is why he will not be called up tomorrow. He did not train yesterday. He told his team mates this morning. I am not surprised at anything, in football there is the market and there are the needs of individuals. He made his choice. Life goes on.”
Juventus reportedly want a fee of between €25 and €30m for Ronaldo.
Source: Read Full Article